Sunday 22 April 2018

COWS, COWS, COWS EVERYWHERE!!

You know how many are either a dog or a cat lover, I am a cow lover. That's right folks, I love cows, they are just simply adorable.

Cows and peacocks, if I had land, I would definitely keep cows and peacocks....

Why cows you may wonder, I don't really know why....

Back in the day when I was much younger, I practiced as a nun, part of my daily duties included milking cows... All the cows at our monastery had a name, they would come when called and they each had a unique personality. They were taken care of throughout their lives, the bulls were kept to work the fields, but I rarely saw the bulls as the monks generally cared after them. From what I remember, the bulls were gentle and sometimes playful. 

So what is this post all about you probably wondering.....what does my story about cows have to do about art...?

Well, I have a new private commission for another oil painting! The client originally asked for anything that has a cow and lotus in it, so I will be surprising them with this beauty!

Actually, out of all the excitement, I started 4 smaller paintings of cows as well...

The main COW painting was inspired from sacred ancient scripture, I read descriptions of a spiritual planet, shaped like a lotus flower and home to desire cows. Yes, desire cows, these cows were colourful, wore jewellery and silken cloth. Their milk flowed from their udders and tasted sweet like nectar. They were desire cows because simply by glancing upon them, all your desires and wishes were full filled. 

A cow planet shaped like a lotus.....I think the client will be pleasantly surprised!

This inspired me to create a new painting, a lotus shaped cow mandala. The vision I have of this painting is magnificent, there will be much detail and colour. But, at the moment, it is still very basic and rough, but it will eventually take shape of a wish full filling desire mandala. 

Let me know what you think, I'd love to hear your thoughts. 
Watch this space, I'll keep you posted as the painting blossoms into a wonderful cow filled lotus mandala!


1 comment:

New painting - Yamantaka

Creating art has been my personal relief from the world, it's my sanctuary where nobody else has any control. It's private and comfo...